25.1.13

Foals


I have to say, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Holy Fire especially after hearing Inhaler, and I was curious of the prospective direction that Foals would take. After just one listen though, I can definitively say that it does not disappoint. Clearly somewhat of a departure from some of the earlier, more classic Foals sound, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing though. It lives up to the high standards of Antidotes and Total Life Forever nonetheless. Each composition is extremely polished and synchronized, and the high production comes off very well , giving some tracks an almost 80's Genesis vibe, mixed in with some heavier prog rock aspects. Despite their progression, Foals' roots in making you dance are not neglected. At all. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...