5.3.13

Another Day on the Beat

In order to prevent myself from wracking my brain constantly at work, more often than not, I find myself thinking about anything that has the slightest bit to do with my outside surroundings. Of all the places I would like to be right now, it certainly is not in the Middle East. I say this with all due respect to Israel, which is a place I really actually love at heart. The fact is though, it's only March, yet it feels like it could already be summer,  I'm already giving myself nightmares of what's to come, and reliving the flashbacks of breaking out in a sweat five minutes after leaving your apartment, or any building for that matter. In all honesty, I don't know how I've been able to successfully endure Israeli summers year in and year out for the past five years. It must be some form of masochistic quality in me, because even here in Tel Aviv, with the beach and the sea close by, you can't hide from the heat. Not surprisingly, it's probably one of the reasons I've come to enjoy a semi-nocturnal lifestyle during this time. If only for the cooler nights and A.C. I'm from the north, and will always be.


בוקר טוב

Early morning dawn from my office, when everything looks and feels much better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...