7.3.13

Romania - Part II

The other day I came across a post on Vice in the 'Your Town is a Paradise' feature. It was only fitting that it happened to be about Bucharest. From what it seems, the grit and the core essence of the city seem to be just as I remembered when I was there. Looking through the pictures, I could easily spot places like the Lipscani Quarter, Piața Universității, and the shambled houses and apartment blocks and general urban decay in neighborhoods like Ferentari. Being that I only had a chance to spend three nights during my stay, I wasn't able to get as in-depth a look into Bucharest as a local Romanian reporting for Vice, however, we did still manage to go out quite a bit and see a lot and have some fun, and poke around in a few odd places or two.

Hanul lui Manuc. An old Ottoman era caravanserai style inn for travellers

The view from the outside. Apparently it is still in the process of renovation

Lipscani Quarter. The nice part of the neighborhood

The less nice part


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...