26.5.13

My View from Here

After a few days of reflection, the outrage remains. I can't think of anything more unsettling than to realize that soldiers and veterans who have sacrificed so much on behalf of the public and the country, having dedicated their time serving overseas in dangerous places are now unsafe upon returning home. It's a situation that cannot be accepted, and I can't adequately even describe how outraged it makes me feel.

At the same time, vitriolic rhetoric and hate speech directed collectively and individually towards people, just because they are of Muslim faith or background is just as equally shameful. Extremism in all its forms in the enemy, and it needs to be combated no matter where it emanates from.

R.I.P Drummer Lee Rigby. Royal Artillery. British Army.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...