25.6.13

Call The Feds

Hollywood never ceases to amaze me. I've come to understand and become accustomed to the fascination with sensationalism and war that preoccupies so many big screen production companies, and of course, their audiences. This whole new concept that I've seen lately of destroying national landmarks (and making the same film apparently) seems to be something entirely new though. Within the confines of fiction, I don't see a problem with it. However, I think the trend may be a bit unsettling. It's clear that this is Hollywood's way of lashing out at the powers that be, whether as a means to object politically to the government or just a way of exercising their protests though their own forms of expression. And of course, pushing the boundaries of sensationalism in all forms, and marketing that to a mass audience who is all the likely to eat it up.


I don't even know where to begin with White House Down. It's not even out yet, but I can already tell what type of an absurd affair to expect. One that looks astonishingly similar to the anomaly that is Olympus Has Fallen. Which happens to be, just another more than coincidental number with Washington D.C and the U.S government once again falling under attack. Believe me, this is not satire. 


Of course, I will watch both.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...