24.11.21

Les Batignolles - 10/30/21

Early evening scene in the heart of Les Batignolles in Paris's 17th arrondissement. This photo was taken outside L'Endroit just across from the Église Sainte-Marie des Batignolles. Even after a long and exhausting day having gone on little sleep, I managed to spend a good portion of the evening hours exploring the neighborhood before heading back towards the flat off Rue de Levis. There is an invisible boundary between Plaine Monteau and Les Batignolles, which becomes increasingly hard to delineate as you walk up from the Villiers metro and move into the pedestrianized market of Rue de Levis. It was only when I walked eastward on Rue Legendre and crossed over the railway tracks did I finally realize I was now in Les Batignolles. The area still has the feel of being somewhat like a village, which has retained a quiet and local pace. Given its location in the upper west quadrant of the city, I genuinely felt like I was away from the hustle and bustle of central Paris while still being in the heart of a distinctly Parisian neighborhood. Given that I'm still in need of catching up on sleep, I'll add more in a bit more detail about some of my recent Parisian wanderings and explorations throughout October and November. 

J Ginz (Yours truly)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...