27.8.13

Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ

I try my best to keep my feelings of nostalgia in check each summer, but this is the exact time when it just becomes impossible not to allow them to take over. Even with the spectacular beaches and turquoise sea in Israel, in my biased opinion, there's still nothing that can compare to the overall atmosphere of summertime back in New York. Of course, I can't pretend to be partisan. I'm sure if you ask a native Israeli, they'll likely tell you the opposite. From my standpoint though, it's all a moot point. From riding the A-Train down to Rockaway Beach, to day trips out to Coney Island, and most infamously, weekends at the Jersey Shore. It really doesn't get any better, and I can't wait to be back next year.

NY Habitat. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY.

Here is one of my favorite photo exhibitions from The New Yorker. It serves as just another indication to remind me that summers here in Israel don't have anything on those back home. Forgetting the fact that I wasn't even born when any of these pics seem to have been taken, I think the point is pretty obvious.

Seaside Heights, New Jersey. 1980. The New Yorker


“It felt like you were inside a Bruce Springsteen song,"


Palace Amusements, Asbury Park, New Jersey. 1980.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...